'Blue Lake FM-1K' certainly would support that statement. This is typically in late April or May. Blue Lake pole bean seeds produce pods that are straight, stringless and unusually smooth, with a stronger flavour than the bush variety. These bright green beans are straight and reach up to 7′. 75 days. This one does take the longest here in the sierra nevada northern ca, so with the different varieties I get great beans all summer & into early fall. Phone: (817) 599-8656. Based on 1 review Write a review. Beans need soil temperatures between 75-85 degrees F to sprout. Review Subject Required. There's a problem loading this menu right now. This way they take up very little real estate and are easy to pick, while providing a beautifully lush appearance by late June. would not recommend and will not plant again. These pole-types were the preferred varieties until the cost of labor to hand pick soared and the invention of mechanical harvesters changed planting trends to bush-type beans. Based on 9 reviews. How do you start pole bean seeds? Kentucky Blue is an All-America Selections winner that combines the excellence of the all-time greatest pole beans: Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake. Great for processing. I have not grown blue lake in a few years but have grown it from saved and purchased seed and it has been comparable to rattlesnake, Kentucky Wonder, blue Peter, lazy wife, and other pole types. Blue Lake beans are a bush type snap bean that was developed from the Blue Lake Pole bean. Blue Lake beans are known for reliability, disease resistance, flavor and high yields. SKU: N/A Categories: Beans, Beans, Pole Tags: beans, blue lake stringless, pole. With nice yields of long, straight, green pods, Blue Lake is one of the old standards, and for a good reason. Early on there had been a lot of rain and not as warm also. Besides outstanding flavor, plants are high-yielding. Produces 6L stringless, dark green, round, straight, smooth pods that set from base to th . MiGardener to the rescue. A robust producer, Blue Lake beans are tender, round, stringless 6-7" straight pods with white seeds. I'm guessing they'll be fine as sprouting is 80% of the battle. Blue Lake FM1K Pole. The pods are crisp with a full-bodied, … Q. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. This variety is extremely productive and beans have a sweeter flavor than traditional pole bean varieties. A great all purpose bean … Beans can be eaten fresh, but their tender, meaty texture makes them an excellent choice for canning or freezing. An All-America Selections Winner. I had some failures with initially growing these, which seemed odd since all my other vegetables were taking off. I used 21. Our Hortonova Trellis Netting works great for supporting pole beans. Germination rate wasn't bad but about 1/4 of the beans were flat with no "peas" inside the pod. Tastes great cooked or fresh. This vigorous, 7 foot tall variety made Oregon's Willamette Valley famous in the 60s and 70s for canning beans. I always plant some Blue Lake, they are delicious and have great yield. Pole snap beans should be planted in a sunny, well drained location at the north end of the garden so that the long shadows that they cast will not shade neighboring dwarf plants. 'Blue Lake' is always a great performer, with copious numbers of pods from top to bottom. Phaseolus vulgaris These bush beans were developed in 1961 from the famous version of the Blue Lake pole bean. Blue Lake beans are known for being sweet and juicy. Produces heavy yields of straight, smooth 6 in. If this is so, Blue lake would support that suggestion. This lot tested at 85% germ this spring, but it is always possible that something happened in transit. Pole beans are great to grow along a South- or West-facing fence, using bamboo or wooden poles about 5' tall. What is the difference between Heirloom and Organic. (63 days) Blue Lake beans are world famous for reliability, disease resistance, flavor and high yields. What are the best pole beans to grow? Blue Lake Pole Beans. $4.35 (No reviews yet) Write a Review ... Blue Lake Pole FM1K. They don’t like being started inside and then transplanted to the garden. 60 days. These were the best. Originally introduced by our friend Glenn Drowns. I grew them on 9' poles and a few of the plants outgrew that. Reviewed in the United States on August 28, 2014. Blue Lake Pole Beans are is a reliable producer of classic and tasty beans. 16 Seeds/Pkg. Instead of the tender, round green beans of Blue Lake, I'm harvesting flat, very stringy pods that are definitely another … About 95 seeds per ounce. Phaseolus vulgaris. WE PROUDLY SELL NON-GMO SEEDS! The 6–7 inch, dark green pods have a canning jar straight, round shape. Tastes great cooked or fresh. Res. A. This is basically the pole version of the famous bush type that is widely planted for the canning industry. Favorite Add to Blue Lake Pole Bean Heirloom Seeds SeedGeeks. They cook up tender, with full-bodied flavor. Plants are vigorous, growing 5 to 6 feet tall. Prolific producer of tasty 5-7″ long beans. Brian from CA wrote on July 31, 2012 One I always grow along with smeraldo, derby & soleil. A culinary indispensable the world over, Blue Lake Pole Beans have a distinctly stronger flavour than the bush bean variety. ORGANIC/ BIODYNAMIC SEED $4.75. The organic Blue Lake Pole beans have beany sweet flavor. they germinated but were all mixed up with the pole beans so only got one terrible harvest. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Hi Linda, I'm sorry you had poor results with our Blue Lake Pole Beans. Beans are best harvested at 7”. This vigorous, 7 foot tall variety made Oregon’s Willamette Valley famous in the ‘60s and ‘70s for canning beans. Nice flavor, and great yields, making it still used as one of the main commercial varieties. This was Grandma Annie's favorite pole bean. Product Description. The vines can reach 5-6′ and will require a pole or trellis. White seeded. Some of the most popular pole beans include Blue Lake, Kentucky Blue, and Scarlet Runner. We grew these last year and had more than we needed! Kentucky Blue Pole Bean is a hybrid pole bean that combines many of the great traits from the Kentucky Wonder Pole Bean and Blue Lake bean. The outstanding flavor combined with high yields make growing these vigorous 5 to 6 … It was developed from the Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake Pole beans, and takes on the best traits of each. My mother remembers two vegetables from her mother's garden, tomatoes and Kentucky Blue Lake beans. The 7 foot plants have good climbing ability. The smooth, dark green, fleshy 15cm (6in) stringless pods have that hearty fresh bean taste when harvested young and tender. SKU: 0108. Disease resistant. In the same garden I had to replant muskmelon and squash. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Planting by Zones. Place the seeds 2" deep and 10" apart, allowing them to grow on a trellis or other vertical support as soon as they emerge from the soil. Some say pole beans have better flavor than bush beans. Pods are round, smooth, meaty, slow to develop seed and stringless, capturing the rich, distinctive flavor of the original Blue Lake pole. Ready to harvest in 63 days. Blue Lake has a very long harvest window, and will keep producing new pods as long as the vines are kept picked. Kentucky Blue was developed from the popular varieties of Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake Pole garden beans. The pods are about 5 1/2 inches long and are best as young snap beans, which can be harvested about 62 days after germination. This variety will keep producing so long as you keep the vines picked. Customer Reviews. Reviewed in the United States on July 16, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on September 23, 2014. Beans are best harvested at 7”. The vigorous vines produce an abundance of exceptionally flavorful nearly straight, stringless pods. Introduced 1961 as a bush version of 'Blue Lake' pole bean. The vines can reach 5-6′ and will require a pole or trellis. Produces heavy yields of 6" pods containing white seeds. Blue Lake Pole Bean Germination: Plant after the last frost, since pole beans are very sensitive to cold. Place the seeds 2″ deep and 10″ apart, allowing them to grow on a trellis or other vertical support as soon as they emerge from the soil. Plants bear lots of dark green pods that are round to oval, tender and meaty, 15-18cm (6-7") long. Some say pole beans have better flavor than bush beans. 25 seeds to a pack. Germination usually takes place in 14-20 days. Approx 25 Seeds BEANS, Blue Lake Pole. They seem to grow faster up vertical strings than poles. Great crop and great flavor! This was the only place I was able to find them. Rupp Seeds, Inc. 17919 County Road B Wauseon, OH 43567 1-800-700-1199 Rating Required. This early maturing stringless bean has a nice mild flavor. They are fiberless and meaty. This vigorous, 7 foot tall variety made Oregon’s Willamette Valley famous in the ‘60s and ‘70s for canning beans. Beans can be eaten fresh, but their tender, meaty texture makes them an excellent choice for canning or freezing. Vegetable Garden Seeds. Since the mid-20th century, the Blue Lake bean has been considered the benchmark standard of green beans. 50 seeds $2.95. The plants are truly beautiful with full foliage and beautiful long beans. Other reviews and everyone I personally talked to replanted beans twice (3 plantings), no matter what kind of bean this year - 2014. The Blue Lake Pole Bean is an heirloom seed. Beans - Kentucky Blue Pole quantity. Pods fill slowly and retain tenderness for a long period. Pole beans are best sown directly into the soil after the soil has warmed to at least 70°F. Pods are long, round, and stringless with a tender texture. There were no signs of seeds anywhere. Pole Bean, Blue Lake Stringless (60 Days) quantity. So when I planted these organic Blue Lakes I covered with anything I found handy - tin cans and milk jugs. From shop SeedGeeks . I expect big things from these seeds. Q. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. A+ seller!!! Will produce a very high yield of stringless, dark-green, 6 to 7 inch pods that are straight and smooth. The seeds are white. I love Blue Lake pole beans. Approximately 60 days to maturity. 50 seeds PLANTING Phaseolus v Home; About Willhite Seed Inc. My Account; Contact Us; Account 0 Item. The organic Blue Lake Pole beans have beany sweet flavor. This was Grandma Annie's favorite pole bean. Add Review. Within a week to ten days, all were up. The Blue Lake FM-1K Pole is a stringless pole bean that is very tasty! Add to cart. Direct sow beans in the garden when the soil has warmed to at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit. We'll see how they fare. Pole beans often perform better under harsh conditions than others and don’t require bees for pollination. Pole beans live up to their name. Our Blue Lake Stringless Pole Green Beans seeds will soon produce fleshy, tender pods that grow to be roughly 5.5 inches in length. An old favorite. Like other pole beans, they require some type of support or trellis. I have never planted organic before. 57 If you like Kentucky Wonder you will be blown away by Blue Lake! 6 - 7" long round, green,delicious tender pods with white seeds. pods that are crisp and stringless at all stages, never limp. Species: Phaseolus vulgaris Trinity Greenhouse is a full service greenhouse supplying all your vegetable starts, annuals, perennials, trees, shrubs, gardening tools and chemicals as well as the best hanging baskets in Alaska! If I could give them any credit at all, they were fairly early to produce compared to blue lake pole beans, a true winner. Quantity. Pole. Customer Reviews. These bright green beans are … The dark green pods are around 4-5"(10-12cm) long, stringless, sweet and tender. I highly recommend these beans. I can't believe how fast these arrived. 4.5 out of 5 stars (17,852) 17,852 reviews $ 3.00. Blue Lake beans are known for being sweet and juicy. They will not sprout if soil temperatures are below 60 degrees F. Easy to grow, great producer, and tasty. Pole beans yield much longer than bush beans, right up to frost. I ordered Blue Lake bush bean seeds but received a mixture of some kind of pole bean included with the bush beans. Place the seeds 2" deep and 10" apart, allowing them to grow on a trellis or other vertical support as soon as they emerge from the soil. The Blue Lake stringless pole bean gets its name from the lake district of Ukiah, California. With nice yields of long, straight, green pods, Blue Lake is one of the old standards, and for a good reason. Vigorous, 5'–8' vines produce a bounty of 5"–7", white-seeded beans that are excellent fresh, and also canned or frozen. Vigorous, 5'–8' vines produce a bounty of 5–7, white-seeded beans that are excellent fresh, and also canned or frozen. Vining plants grow to 6-8′ tall and require trellising. $2.95. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, One of the highlights of my vegetable garden, Reviewed in the United States on June 24, 2015. Make sure to check your nighttime temperatures too. Sign up for our newsletter to receive specials and up to date product news and releases. Blue Lake Pole beans have a beany, sweet flavor and they are fiberless and meaty. Pod Length: 6-7" Pod Shape: Round . 53-58 day. 'Blue Lake FM-1K' certainly would support that statement. Write a review. Blue Lake Pole Bean sets pods from the base to the top of the vine—so you'll have plenty for eating fresh and processing. These germinated - dare I say - 99% and most timely. Comments Required. My plants had a few run ins with a groundhog and were still able to give me about a pound per plant. An early extra fine quality bean which is resistant to common bean mosaic. Generations of gardeners have grown this outstandingly productive pole variety that yields 5-6 beans per pod! Q. Toll Free: (800) 828-1840. Blue Lake Pole Beans, Best Product Deals Prolific climber to 5 ½-6'H. As with most pole beans, these take a little longer to begin their production, but once they do, they just keep on giving. Seed #005: A robust producer, Blue Lake beans are tender, round, stringless 6-7" straight pods with white seeds. BLUE LAKE POLE. Beans > Garden Pole Beans NOTE: All of the descriptions on this website, including the days to maturity, are based on data from varietal trials conducted in specific locations. Rating Required. Good Bean. Matures in 70 days. Blue Lake Pole Beans. $ 2.50. Review Subject Required. Home BEAN Blue Lake Pole Bean Seed. Reviewed in the United States on December 27, 2017. we had tons of beans! It was developed from the Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake Pole beans, and takes on the best traits of each. Those early seeds must have been prolific as the quail raised a covey of 14 - yes, 14 little ones. With tender, delicious beans that are stringless when picked young, they rival any bush bean, and surpass many with their excellent flavor. The vigorous vines produce an abundance of exceptionally flavorful nearly straight, stringless pods. Good for freezing and canning. Reviewed in the United States on August 22, 2014. The original Blue Lake bean came from the upper Missouri River basin, where it was found growing wild in the gardens of Native Americans. Product Description: 75 days. You should refund my money. Comments Required. The Blue Lake produces stringless, dark green round pods that are approximately 6 inches long. Reviewed in the United States on April 25, 2015. Enjoy this improved Blue Lake-type pole bean for its easy picking, long, spread-out harvest season and exceptional yields of 6 to 6-1/2 inch dark green beans. A cross of the classic pole beans Blue Lake and Kentucky Wonder, Kentucky Blue offers succulent, meaty pods with delicious seeds. BLUE LAKE POLE. The beans grew into giant stalks and they're still offering more late in the summer. SKU: 0108. Of those 3 came up. Blue Lake FM1k Bean-DESCRIPTION Prolific climber to 5½-6'H. Plants are vigorous, growing 5 to 6 feet tall. If this is so, Blue Lake would support that suggestion. Ready in 58-60 days Beans need at least six hours of full sun and preferably eight. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. They are my go to every year. Blue Lake beans are known for reliability, disease resistance, flavor and high yields. In my garden, I decided the birds got the early seeds as we had seen quail scratching around the garden. My mother remembers two vegetables from her mother's garden, tomatoes and Kentucky Blue Lake beans. With tender, delicious beans that are stringless when picked young, they rival any bush bean, and surpass many with their excellent flavor. Add a review Cancel reply. Blue Lake Bush Bean 274 Seeds - 1 Lbs - Treated, Non-GMO, Heirloom, Open Pollinated - Vegetable Garden Seeds - Green String Beans 4.6 out of 5 stars 26 $16.57 $ 16 . I bought Blue Lake Pole bean seeds last year (as I have for decades; they're my favs) but what I'm harvesting is NOT Blue Lake. They are also often dried on the vines for their clear white shell beans. If you are using a fence for support, thin vines 6-8 in/15-20 cm apart. It produces earlier than its parents and very abundantly with round, 6 to 7 inch sweet flavored pods that produce throughout the picking season. The pods are dark green, straight, round … Its pods are stringless when young and tender, dark green, round, tasty, and reach about six inches. SEED. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. A 2 oz. This bean combines the positive characteristics of Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake beans in a symbiosis wherein the child is an improvement upon both parents. You get big crops of sweet, straight, stringless pods 7" long. 'Blue Lake' beans were bred for the canning and fresh-frozen industry. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for "Blue Lake" Organic Pole Bean Seeds, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Description Additional information Description. Sowing: Plant Blue Lake pole bean seeds after the last frost, since these stringless pole beans are very sensitive to cold. Some people say that pole beans have better flavor than bush beans. Despite its origins as a canning bean, through continued development, it has evolved into a gourmet bean variety. 63 days. They had germinated and were out of the ground in five days - WOW! Gorgeous, plump maroon-and-white beans are great in soups, where their creamy texture and hearty, nutty flavor really shine. Reviews. Plants bear lots of dark green pods that are round to oval, tender and meaty, 15-18cm (6-7") long. They are fiberless and meaty. Stringless 6" pods with excellent flavor, widely adapted, great for canning. It is ideal for table use, canning, and freezing. Bred by the Ferry-Morse Seed Company of Mountain View, California, 'Stringless Blue Lake FM-1K', was selected from a stabilized cross between their 'Morse’s Pole 65' pole bean and standard Blue Lake-type beans and introduced in 1959. Minimum of 40 seeds per packet. Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2019. Highly recommended, Posted by Pauline Simons on 16th Feb 2018. The Blue Lake pole bean may be the all-time favorite of many gardeners but it isn’t the only bean out there. The Blue Lake FM-1K Pole is a stringless pole bean that is very tasty! Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 1 customer rating (1 customer review) A 1962 Open Pollinated Heirloom with bean pods 6.5″ long. Straight, smooth 6 in. $2.95. I had to reseed about three times but that third time was a charm. My first two plantings did not take at all just as others had experienced and they were not these organic beans. They were tender and yummy! These out-performed previous seasons. Name Email Required. I live in Santa Clara Valley, which used to be a farming area before it became Silicon Valley, so admittedly the climate is ideal for growing vegetables. Keep the poles to a reasonable height (6 ft/2 m) and place them where they will not cast a shadow on the rest of the garden. I grow beans every season. Reviews (0) (Phaseolus vulgaris) A standard among pole beans. Sow 5 or 6 beans, 1 in/25 mm deep around each then thin to the 3 strongest plants. Review Summary (Based on 3 Reviews) Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0 Write a Review. Approx. If using a teepee structure, plant them in groups of 5-6 plants per pole. Plant in a sunny, well-draining location. If using a teepee structure, plant them in groups of 5-6 plants per pole. Previous Next. Blue Lake pole bean seeds produce pods that are straight, stringless and unusually smooth, with a stronger flavour than the bush variety. This is the pole version of the popular bush type that is widely planted for the canning industry. Name: Pole Beans ‘Blue Lake’ Botanical Name: Phaseolus vulgaris ‘Blue Lake’ Days to Maturity: 66 When to sow outside: 1 to 2 weeks after average last frost, and when soil temperature is 70º‒85ºF. Name * Email * Upload Photos (Allowed file types: jpg, gif, png, maximum file size: 4MB. $2.95. This bean combines the positive characteristics of Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake beans in a symbiosis wherein the child is an improvement upon both parents. Well, they sprout just fine. Phone: (817) 599-8656. we have a very small garden space so don't have room for plants that have poor yield . First time growing pole beans and these were great. The Blue Lake Pole Bean is an heirloom seed. Name Email Required. Prolific producer of tasty 5-7″ long beans. This page works best with JavaScript. I purchased 2 packs. If you try to support them horizontally or leave them unstaked, they will wind around each other and choke each other out. Can be used fresh, shelled, and dried. Seed Color: White . BLUE LAKE POLE. A popular variety due to its excellent eating quality. $4.35 (No reviews yet) Write a Review Write a Review × Blue Lake Pole FM1K. Botanically known as Phaseolus vulgaris, Blue Lake Pole Beans are named after the place where they were cultivated originally, Blue Lake District near Ukiah, California. Check out our blue lake bean selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. Nice flavor, and great yields, making it still used as one of the main commercial varieties. They cook up tender, with full-bodied Blue Lake flavor. pods are crisp and string less at all stages and never limp. 89% (8) 0% (0) 0% (0) 0% (0) 11% (1) L . A. Reviewed in the United States on April 13, 2017. These bright green beans are straight and reach up to 7′. An early extra fine quality bean which is resistant to common bean mosaic. Besides outstanding flavor, plants are high-yielding. 85-90 days. Pick them young. How to Grow Pole Beans. Outstanding flavor combined with high yields make growing these vigorous 5'-6' … Home BEAN Blue Lake Pole Bean Seed. I'll update this review if there's a problem, but if there's no update within a month, everything went perfectly. Add to cart. Toll Free: (800) 828-1840. Some people say that pole beans have better flavor than bush beans. Product Description: 75 days. If this is so, Blue lake would support that suggestion. This variety will keep producing so long as you keep the vines picked. Contact Us. How to Grow Pole Beans. Eat fresh, freeze, or Some say pole beans have better flavor than bush beans. They will only grow vertically up poles or trellises. Related Products. Approximately 60 days to maturity. Matures in 70 days. Reviewed in the United States on August 25, 2015. Blue Lake Pole Beans. Direct seed after last danger of frost has passed in full sun. These stringless pole beans have mild flavoring and are high in viatmins A, B and C. Blue Lake beans make for excellent snap beans. Beautiful, straight, tender pods. It produces earlier than its parents and very abundantly with round, 6 to 7 inch sweet flavored pods that produce throughout the picking season. If using a teepee structure, plant them in groups of 5-6 plants per pole. A great all purpose bean for fresh eating as well as canning. The 15 cm (6") long, straight-podded beans are tender and meaty. Blue Lake Pole Beans. BV Soak seeds in water overnight before planting in full sun. Your Review. packet contains approximately 150 seeds. For a tender texture, harvest beans when they are young and … Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. An award-winner from seed, it is available now at Park Seed. Current Stock: Quantity: Decrease Quantity: Increase Quantity: Relative Days: 63 . Order today! Mine have just popped out of the ground. Beans; Blue Lake Pole FM1K; Blue Lake Pole FM1K. 'Blue Lake Stringless' Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris 'Blue Lake Stringless') 'Bue Lake Stringless' is a heritage pole bean that has been around since about 1885. BLUE LAKE POLE. SEED. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Beans set from the base of the plant to the top. Blue Lake has a very long harvest window, and will keep producing new pods as long as the vines are kept picked. L.L.D. Did not germ well nor produce as well as other Blue Lake varieties we have planted in the past. Blue lake pole beans have a dark green, stringless pod with light green or pale white edible seeds. Blue Lake Pole Beans set pods from the base to the top of the vine. ORGANIC/ BIODYNAMIC SEED $4.75. Don't plant too early, they like warm soil. They are currently growing beautifully up my hog panel arch and I picked my first gallon pale of them last week. An exceptional variety to grow, especially if you do a lot of canning. Kentucky Blue was developed from the popular varieties of Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake Pole garden beans. A heavy yielder for many weeks. Blue Lake Pole Bean Germination: Plant after the last frost, since pole beans are very sensitive to cold. Plant in a sunny, well-draining location. I can't believe how fast these arrived. Some varieties will tolerate less but yield will be compromised. Zones 9-10. The small seeds keep pods round and smooth.

Vernon Hills Activities, Physical Therapy Assistant Programs Colorado, Denon Dht-s216 Specs, Vintage Leather Handbags Purses, Menards Dusk To Dawn Light Bulb, Shake Shack Menu Jewel, Cooke & Lewis Linear Towel Ring,